As someone familiar with ServiceNow but not AssetTrack, I want to try AssetTrack, in my non-production ServiceNow instance, to learn how to manage my assets in this platform
You Must Be the ServiceNow Instance Owner
Only your ServiceNow instance administrator can request trials of apps in the ServiceNow Store. If you are not the HI administrator of your ServiceNow instance, see Find My Instance Owner below to determine who is your HI administrator.
Request a Trial
If you are the HI administrator for your ServiceNow instance:
- Access the AssetTrack ServiceNow Store page.
- Select Request a Trial to try AssetTrack in a non-production instance for free. Do not select Request App.
- Login as prompted using your ServiceNow HI credentials. Please note: Your HI login must be associated as the owner of the ServiceNow instance you wish to use. See Find My Instance Owner below if you are unsure who is your ServiceNow admin.
- Receive a confirmation email that your trial has been approved.
- Return to the ServiceNow Store page and select Try.
Alternately, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are ready to purchase a subscription of AssetTrack for ServiceNow.
Install AssetTrack for ServiceNow
When you trial is approved, you may now install AssetTrack for ServiceNow in your non-production ServiceNow instance.
- Access your ServiceNow instance at <yourinstance>.service-now.com
- Enter applications in the search filter
- Select System Applications > Applications from the sidebar menu
- Select the Downloads tab to view available installs
- Select the Install button for the AMI AssetTrack application
- Refresh the browser to update the sidebar menu with this new installation
- Enter AssetTrack in the search filter
- Find AssetTrack in the sidebar menu, to validate successful installation
Once installed, see Getting Started to set up devices and start tracking assets.
Find My ServiceNow Instance Owner
If you want to try AssetTrack for ServiceNow, but you are not sure if you have HI credentials, or who at your company is your ServiceNow administrator, click on the "Don't have HI credentials" link after you click Request a Trial. You will provide your email address, and ServiceNow will put you in touch with your ServiceNow Administrator.