- Ensure you have administrator rights on the IIS server
- By default, you do not have administrative user rights if you are not logged in as the built-in administrator
- Log on, or run apps, as the built-in administrator (run via command: runas /user:administrator
AssetTrack requires The .NET Framework, 4.5.2 or greater
- Install the .NET Framework based on these instructions from Microsoft.
- Select Start -> All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Server Manager
- Select Add Roles command
- Scroll to Roles Summary
- Select Add Roles link if the Web Server (IIS) is not a listed a role
- Observe the Add Roles Wizard and continue
- Select Web Server (IIS) to continue
- Specify the following Roles:
- Application Development
- All roles
- Windows Authentication (select only if using Windows Authentication)
- Management Tools
- IIS 6 Management Compatibility
- Observe confirmation screen and continue
- Observe progress screen
- Finish the installation
Install Visual Studio Redistributables
AssetTrack requires the Microsoft, Visual Studio, C++ Runtime redistributables
- Download and install the Visual Studio 2012 Runtime redistributable
Run the x86 and x64 versions of this redistributable.
- Download and install the Visual Studio 2013 C++ Runtime redistributable
Run both the x86 and x64 versions of this redistributable.
Optionally, set up Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure secure data transfer between AssetTrack server and all client programs (including mobile devices).
Implement SSL on Assettrack Web Server
❗Be careful with temporary certificates
Customers often issue temporary SSL certificates from an internal source. This can cause problems connecting with mobile devices. While a desktop web browser may warn you about certificate misconfiguration, many Assettrack, HTTP calls will fail with messages that are difficult to isolate.
To implement SSL:
- Purchase an SSL certificate from a Certification Authority (CA)
- Generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) from your web server to be SSL enabled
- Enroll for an SSL server certificate with the CA
- Install the SSL server certificate on your web server
Implement SSL On Mobile Devices
For your mobile device to make a secure connection with the web server, ensure that CA issued an SSL certificate, known to your mobile device. Certificates issued by well-known CAs like Verisign and Thawte are recognized by Windows Mobile out-of-the-box.
To know which CAs are recognized by your mobile devices, select Start Menu -> Settings -> Certificates on your mobile device